Religion has been an integral part of a large number of people in our world today. Our world is hosting 7 billion people with 2.382 billion Christians, 1.907 billion, and others covering the rest.
The Bible never promoted hate or division but taught Christians to live wisely among unbelievers. Is this what I am seeing from Latter-Day Saints? The leaders want to ensure that there is one family, religious freedom, and more.
The Bible says:
“Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunities. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you should answer everyone.” (Colossians 4:5 – 6)
Denominational doctrines and faith have already brought division among Christians.
Today, the Latter Day Saints have sought to treat Muslims fairly —believing they have a lot in common. In of that A new 35-page pamphlet called “Muslims and Latter-day Saints: Beliefs, Values, and Lifestyles” has been published. It appeared online on Wednesday and can be found on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ websites and apps.
Why The Introduction Of This Pamphlet?
Since they believe they share common values, faith, and doctrines with Muslims, leaders of the Church have worked together across the world. The idea is to better understand Muslims, work, and live peacefully with them.
The Church believes the message in the pamphlets will help eliminate bias and hate that exists between them.
Some Christian groups will surely condemn the approach. Because when it comes to faith and doctrines, disagreement and misunderstanding are common.
According to “Deseret News” Elder Bednar from Latter-day Saints said:
The pamphlet outlines common values held by the two faiths. “Both Latter-day Saints and Muslims have sincerely held beliefs like faith in God, prophets, scriptures and holy places,” Common ground includes:
• A foundational belief in an omniscient and omnipotent God and adherents express their faith in him through thought, word, and action.
• Prophets provide vital guidance from God.
• Jesus Christ plays an important, though a different, role for both groups.
• Revelation from God given through messengers as scripture is the foundation for learning God’s will, keeping commitments, and participating in faithful worship.
• Human beings must communicate with God through daily prayer.
• Fasting promotes spiritual growth and temporal well-being and brings faithful members closer to God.
• God delights in purity and chastity.
• Women are valued and are essential in society and the home.
• Family is the fundamental unit of society and an essential source of joy.
This pamphlet has been made available at the official website of The Church of Latter-day Saints. It is being sold.
It has been published in 6 different languages. That is; Arabic, English, Farsi, French, Spanish, Turkish. German and Russian will be added later.
Interfaith relationships like this don’t appeal to other Christian members. And as a matter of fact, will use Biblical teachings to find a lot of loopholes in this new alliance by Latter-day Saints and Muslims.
It feels like only a section of Christians being Latter-day Saints and the Muslim communities will highly patronize this new pamphlet.
I believe other interested individuals will check it out to have an in-depth understanding of this religious book.